RefinedInTheFire.com was created many years ago as the initial online communications tool for what was to become Refined In The Fire ministries. The intent was to help those who were had gone through major events in their lives and was to be primarily focused on the needs of Christian men.
Michael Donohoe’s intention was not God’s plan, so the ministry idea floundered as h went through a divorce then failed. The online presence continued through a Facebook page, but due to severe health issues throughout 2015, Michael’s focus turned to health related projects.
This site has continued to fuel Michael’s passion.
Michael’s background in ministry over the past 20 years includes membership and leadership in:
- Community small groups in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York.
- DivorceCare small groups in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York
- Men’s ministry including events, training, small groups and outreach in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Michael served on the board of directors (marketing) for United Men of Faith (defunct) in Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Michael has completed multiple men’s training and event seminars including…
- Man in the Mirror (Patrick Morley, Casselberry, FL)
- No Regrets Ministry (formerly Top Gun Ministries, Stephen Sonderman, Elmbrook, WI)
- Vision New England Men’s Ministry (Brian Doyle, now Iron Sharpens Iron, West Hartford, CT)
- Pure Life Ministries (Dry Ridge, KY)
- Men’s Leadership Ministries (Steve Farrar, Frisco, TX)
- PromiseKeepers (“Coach” Bill McCartney, Denver, CO).
- Musician (primarily guitar, sax, mandolin, Irish tin whistle, vocal, et. al.) with several churches and para=church praise and worship teams in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Various areas of assisting church ministries including children’s, youth, vacation bible schoool and prayer team
Michael is originally was born in Red Bank, New Jersey, raised in Middletown, New Jersey and now lives in the Rochester, New York area with Kerri (his wife), and his five children and two step children ranging from age 7 to 18. The family attends Crosswinds Wesleyan Church in Canandaigua, New York.